I never imagined that I would be in this position right now. In my hand, I am holding five pieces of paper full of legal words and only one sign has caught my eye – divorce. I will be divorcing my husband of 20 years, and you know what, it pains me even after everything I’ve been through with him. These five pieces of paper hold what is to happen to my future. A tear fell which rolled on my cheek. I had to wipe it. There is no turning back now. I will be single again, after 20 years, as if it was so easy.
Sometimes you can easily get distracted with all the negative things thrown at you and there are instances where you get really affected and your self-esteem burst like a balloon pricked with a needle. Although it is impossible not to have bad days, there are effective ways to improve the way you feel about yourself whenever you feel down.
Tips to Build a High Self-esteem
Before you can love other’s you have to love yourself first. When you do, you’ll find it easier to appreciate the little things that are happening in your life. Now the big question is, “How can you do it?” You can begin by liking yourself more. Discover your unique traits that make you stand out, when you learn to value yourself, you will stop seeking for validation and you become less affected by the opinion of others.
When you get drowned with disappointment you can find it hard to find positivity with all the negative. However, no matter how challenging it can be, the goal is still achievable as long as you allow your self to commit mistakes and learn from it. Forgive yourself when you made bad decisions and commend yourself for overcoming those mistakes.
Be kind to yourself
You cannot be perfect no matter how hard you try to be. When you overwork to become ideal, that’s when you fail. Don’t pressure yourself and embrace your flaws. Inject a little more fun in your life and gain wisdom naturally.
Take it easy
Do not compare yourself to others. There are things that you have that they don’t and vice versa. If somebody makes more money or travels more frequently than you do there’s no need to be jealous or feel inferior. You should not rush to go beyond the things that they attained because at the end of the day it can only make you feel desperate and broken when you don’t get what you aimed for. Set realistic expectation and allow your self-more time to reach your dreams.
Take care of your mind body and soul
Eat healthy food, exercise and learn how to manage the things that bring you stress. No matter how busy you are with chasing your dreams, it is a must to be mindful of your overall health. Being fit combats diseases and make your look attractive. Aside from improving your physique, it is also essential to keep your mind healthy. If you are feeling depressed or burned out, it would help to see a therapist or seek ways to enhance your mood. When you feel better overall, it would add an extra boost to your self-esteem.
Yourself is your greatest enemy. As soon you start following the tips on the list, there is a bigger possibility that you’ll feel good about yourself more often than before. Your self-esteem can be broken multiple times but as long as you know how to regain it back, you’ll live a happy life. Click here to find out more about this.
Many people suffer from lack of motivation or something that leads them to have a hard time pursuing their goals. Learning to implement certain methods into your lifestyle can make a huge difference in your productivity and success. Habits, defined as an acquired behavior regularly followed until it is basically an involuntary action, while they can be good or bad and are often picked up unintentionally, they are also something that we can choose to install in ourselves. By identifying and harnessing your unique strengths, you can begin to more effectively contribute in the workplace as well as feel a greater sense of well-being from this newfound capability and independence.
What Does it Take to Succeed in Life?
So what does one need to succeed in life? Positive thinking? Of course, optimism is important, but that’s not enough. What about the law of attraction and visualization, or the practice of affirmations? No matter the principles, they won’t be worth that much if you don’t act on them.
Success needs action, and action can be taken if there is skill. Skills are learned from different areas. They can be learned through teachers in school, others on the job, and the rest are learned through real-life events.
Let us examine some essential skills that you will need to be able to succeed in life, skills that will enable us to get ahead in almost any area, from managing a corporation to leading a school club. These skills can be learned by anyone from any field and in any position that they are in.
Skills You Need in Life
1. Writing skills. A good writer is not only skilled in spelling and grammar but has also mastered the organization of thoughts in a way that effectively catches a certain audience. Great writers write manuscripts, document for reputable individuals, and create business platforms. Opportunities abound the effective writer in just about any area.
2. Public Speaking skills. The art of speaking effectively is among the most essential skills that one must learn – whether in front of one person or in a full-packed gymnasium. When you are a brilliant public speaker, you reflect self-confidence, professionalism and ultimately success. They can easily sell products as well as ideas.
3. Decision-making skills. Efficient decision-making allows one to put analysis into action. This skill is what enables movement of the idea and the realization of a goal. It is the ability to patiently wait until sufficient information has been gathered before coming up with an answer or a solution. It separates the sweet talkers from the actual doers.
4. Networking skills. When you possess the ability to create personal relationships with people from different walks of life, then you are on your way to success. We live in a competitive world where millennials attempt to dominate every area there is, but when you have great networking skills, you can even include them into your circle, sharing innovations and unique ideas that produce positive outcomes for you and the whole world in general.
5. Relaxation skills. It sounds so simple, but when you are bombarded with everyday stresses and issues, you forget that your body and mind need to loosen up for a while, or else you might be caught in a web of mental and emotional issues that you will have difficulty handling. Meditation, yoga, exercise, and speaking to a therapist (even if it’s counseling online) are among the things you are able to do when you possess this skill. You know that working without a little playing on the side isn’t the way to success.
6. Research Skills. No one person knows everything just like that. Even if you are an expert in company management, there is always something that you don’t know about it. It’s actually fine. You don’t have to know everything, but you do need to know how to find out more about anything, and that is something you can do through research. It means learning how to use online (and offline) resources and being able to incorporate the things you learned. It also means being able to know which information is useful and which one is not.
Other important skills include are math, critical thinking, and accounting skills, among others. When you are armed with these weapons as you go through life, you will be ready and confident in accepting the challenges and surpassing everything that comes your way – effectively and successfully.
Emotional cleansing is as vital as physical detoxing. However, the world is more focused on looking good on the outside that it puts more emphasis on the latter. Why should we cast the limelight on emotional cleansing? Know the reasons why. Plus, learn 5 simple ways to cleanse emotionally that you can do every day.
You’re sociable, love going out and meeting people. Yet, you feel the need to retreat and have some alone time afterward. Or you could be someone who feels uncomfortable seeing and meeting new faces. Yet, when left on your own, you feel bored and want the company of others. When you and the people around you just can’t seem to categorize you as either an extrovert or an introvert, it could be because you’re somewhere in between these two – someone called an AMBIVERT. Read More
Therapy is beneficial for anyone, whether it be an individual with a mental illness or without. Therapy is a great service that offers tools to individuals, allowing them to traverse through day to day trials and tribulations with ease instead of stress.
There are several benefits to therapy, four of which can be found below.
1. Coping With Stressors and Emotions
Therapy is extremely helpful when it comes to coping mechanisms. This refers to strategies that you and your therapist come up with together for you to use when you feel overwhelmed, scared, angry, or depressed. Read More
Confidence is defined as “a feeling or consciousness of one’s powers or of reliance on one’s circumstances” (Merriam-Webster). This term basically means that you have a sense of self-worth and you are proud of the person you are or the person you’re striving to become.
One popular myth about confidence is that it equals being full of yourself or arrogant. This is not true. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance. Confidence is simply knowing that you are valuable and knowing your worth. Arrogance is thinking you are worth more than other individuals.
Confidence is something that we all should try to achieve because it greatly influences our quality of life. There are several benefits to confidence, though this article will only focus on four of them.
Loving yourself is not always an easy task. Whether this is because of mistakes or because of mental health conditions like anxiety and depression, finding a way to love yourself is crucial to having a happy and healthy life.
Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has those moments where they wish they had done something differently.
Having self-worth can lead to a myriad of benefits in your daily life. Moreover, self-worth can also set you on the road to success in both the present and the future.
Because you have confidence in yourself, you are able to seek out opportunities that you might have otherwise ignored or purposely avoided. These opportunities can include jobs, positions, schools, relationships, etc.